1. DO NOT finance your car at a dealership without comparing rates online.
2. Use an online auto credit deal site to get pre-approved.
3. Select the type of vehicle you want and a monthly payment you are happy with.
4. Enter your employment status. If you have a job, say “Employed.” If you have been working for at least three months, it’s even better.
5. If you earn at least $1,800 a month you can often qualify for even better rates.
6. Confirm your phone number is correct so you can speak with a real live person and get your total loan amount.
7. Don’t forget to ask about $0-down options, which are often available.
8. Loan approvals are no-obligation, which means just because you are approved you DO NOT have to accept the terms.
9. If you are happy with the loan rates, you are done. Go pick up your new car and drive away today!
10. You can even use your pre-approved loan rate to shop around at other dealerships. Just tell them to “beat your rate” and make them win your business by offering an even better option.