Shortly after we heard the final news from the Upper Canada District School Board closures, comes the news from the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario.
After voting last night on the Pupil Accommodation Review that began in the fall, the votes have lead to close and consolidate two Cornwall schools.
Here’s an overview of recommendations:
- Closing Immaculate Conception school in June 2018 and redirecting students to St. Peter’s and Bishop Macdonell
- Closing St. Columban’s school in June 2019 and consolidating its students into a new Sacred Heart school (This option requires Ministry of Education funding)
- Convert the existing St. Joseph CSS to a grade 7 to 12 facility effective September 1, 2019 to take in grade 7 & 8 from St. Anne, Bishop Macdonell and the consolidated Sacred Heart/St. Columban’s
- Conversion of all remaining K-8 schools to K-6 in September 2019;
- Moving St. Anne and Bishop Macdonell schools to dual-track (English and French immersion) starting in 2019;
- Find new facility or expand current St. Matthew’s Catholic Secondary School in order to allow Grade 7-8 students to attend starting in September 2019
To view the staff report, click HERE
More information is available on the CDSBEO website.