“O Canada! Our home and native land!”
Yes we are very fortunate to live in such a great Country. We have so much to celebrate! In honor of Canada’s 150th Birthday tomorrow, take a look at these fun facts about Canada that you might not know!
1. The world’s first UFO landing pad was built in 1967 in St Paul, Alberta.
2. 3% of Canada is taken up by forests.
3. 20% of the World’s fresh water is in Canada and it has more lakes than all other Countries combined.
4. 2.4 million caribou live in Canada.
5. 247 annual car accidents in Canada involve moose.
6. More than half of the world’s 15,500 polar bears live in Canada.
7. Canada produces 1.5% of the world’s food but only consumes 0.6% of it.
8. 77% of the world’s maple syrup is made in Quebec.
9. Kraft Diner is the most purchased packaged grocery item in Canada. Canadians even consume more of it than Americans!
10. 9.5 million of Canada’s 34.9 million people speak french.
11. The average age in Canada is 40.6.
12. Basketball was invented in Canada.
13. 42% of Canadians have a higher education qualification.
14. 30-50% of all music broadcast on Canadian radio must be Canadian.
15. You can write to Santa in ANY language to North Pole, HOH OHO, Canada and get a reply in your language!
16. No cows in Canada are given artificial hormones for milk production.
17. Every year the Netherlands sends Canada thousands of tulips to show their gratitude which inspired the Ottawa Tulip festival.
18. Canada has a special change money that GLOWS-IN-THE DARK.
19. A part of the country actually has less gravity than the rest of Earth.
20. An Ontario man invented Hawaiian pizza.
Via Getty Images